Thursday, October 17, 2024

DON"T GET ME WRONG.....

                         


                  Don't get me wrong this guy featured on my blog was to me yes the enemy meaning he's a Wolverine. As a Buckeyes Fan I don't like many players from the school that is my arch-rival but you see Glen to me was an underrated All-Star player when he was in the NBA. He played a total of exactly 1000 games in his career he was an NBA Champion when he played for at the time in the 1999-2000 season with the Los Angeles Lakers. The reason I am calling out Glen is simply it seems he is if I don't count all the major superstars of the NBA like Michael Jordan,LeBron James,Kobe Bryant. Glen is the 1 player on my basketball lists that usually alludes to me in my set building process. 

             I just don't understand why he is the 1 player that I never seem to locate when I am making my sets & when I go to shows or shops & they have those individual piles devoted to the stars I never seem to find his cards that I need. It's really flustering to me or I go through a monster box of singles that are organized by sets that I can't locate him. My friend Greg has the similar problem within trying to find Derek Jeter. 

             Don't get me wrong I just wonder if any of my readers have someone that they usually can't be able to locate if so let me know in the comments below. Here is my list of the players whom I seem can't be able to get. 


Baseball-Ken Griffey Jr.

Basketball-Glen Rice as you read

Football-Barry Sanders

Hockey-Any Red Wings Game Used or the Top RC for the Hockey year I am working on.


            As usual I am reminded the quote of Rogers Hornsby about signing autographs for kids "Any Ballplayer who doesn't sign autographs ain't An American, hes a Communist."

5 comments:

  1. I would say any local player is going to be harder to get. Here in NY any '86 Mets or late 90s Yankees, not just the big stars but the Mookie Wilson types, are going to be a premium.

    My street vendor buddy whom I help out from time to time is always looking for more cards from those teams. Occasionally a big star like Griffey. Interestingly the one non-NY guy he always seems to need is Bo Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn’t stand Rice because I rooted for the Magic then, and Heat were the enemy since they are the other team in the state. I also liked the Knicks with Oakley, and seems like Knicks and Heat always met up in playoffs and Rice was always a threat to score 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I’m sure Dennis of Too Many Verlanders had tons of Rice cards if you find you need more of his to finish sets.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully Too Many Verlanders Does read this blog

      Delete
  3. Jeter for sure. In recent years... Mike Trout. When it comes to basketball, it's Jordan. I probably come across at least one basketball set each year that I'd consider buying... if it had the Jordan in it.

    ReplyDelete