Tuesday, October 22, 2024

WORLD SERIES TIME AGAIN

 

         For the 12th time in the World Series we get to watch the New York Yankees play against the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers. Am I excited to see who wins the crown this year not really if the Dodgers win it Ohtani will get his first ring the same goes to Judge. Some of you are saying wouldn't Soto get his first you all forget he was a member of the 2019 Washington Nationals team.


                       My phone was blowing up with my insiders group last night midway of the 4th inning between the Mets & Dodgers game on Sunday night wondering the question I am now asking my readers to answer afterall your input is neither right nor wrong but I just like to tell you the group is split on the tribute that you'll be part of in the question that was brought up.




The group was wondering since 1995 (Yes I know there was someone prior to this in 1964 for the San Fransisco Giants but most collectors focus on the 1995 season mainly). Since Hideo Nomo made his debut for the Dodgers then in 2001 you had Ichiro appear 2003 Hideki Irabu debut then in 2004 Hideki Matsui then in 2018 we had Ohtani 2024 brought in Yoshinobu. Do we let Matsui decked in his #55 jersey again Ichiro in his road Grey #31 & Nomo his white Dodgers #16 come out just to toss a first pitch for Game 4? 


If I were to answer that here's the top 10 People I would say to toss out a first pitch.  5 players for each team. 



For the Yankees I would say Graig Nettles,Reggie Jackson,Ron Guidry, Derek Jeter (yes I know he wasn't involved in any of the previous 11 match ups), Joe Torre (same answer as Jeter but he did manage both clubs).



For the Dodgers Sandy Koufax,Steve Garvey,Fernando Valenzula(Yes even though he was rookie & didn't factor much in 1981 he was a member of the last time these 2 teams fought for the title)Dusty Baker,Night Owl would be surprised if his main man Ron Cey did it so I am giving him a call to throw it out. Plus Cey & Baker were co-MVPs in the 1981 series.



There's been a lot of historical facts that I could go on a lot about that you would say Damn Poison please you are cha-chinging too much with all these Highlights do you not have a life other than talking baseball factoids. So I won't do that to my readers so your quite welcome.




Instead I will propose this next question to you that the group is wondering as well. That question is this which of the 11 previous times that these 2 teams played which year would you like to own a piece of memroabilia from it can be ball or a jersey or a bat from 1 player thats all nothing else.




                        Now if you ask me what cards featured in this post do I own real simple the I only own the 1989 Talking card featured on the top of the post and basically the 2004 Fall Classic Covers & the Podres Autograph shown as well so what ones do you own. 



If I have to pick a winner of the series its simple I'll take the team that Willie Randolph was an All-Star with & it will be 7 games.



So with that all said I am reminded the quote from Rogers Hornsby talking about signing autographs for little kids. "Any Ballplayer who doesn't sign autographs for little kids ain't an American, He's a Communist."




No comments:

Post a Comment