Wednesday, July 31, 2024

MIGGY COUNT AT 7

 

 

                        From getting inspiration from fellow blogger named Night Owl he talked about his ever growing Clayton Kershaw collection. Now let me set the record now I am not needing people to send me bunches upon bunches of Game Used cards of Miguel Cabrera. The reason is I don't have a lot of Pro-Mold PC18II 1" Screwdowns to put them in & practically every show I go to if someone sells supplies like 9 pocket sheets(THEY"RE SLEEVES!!!!! NOT SHEETS!!!!!!) to 3200ct or 5000ct boxes. All I see when it comes to protecting just a single Game Used card are the thicker Top Loaders or 1 Touches with magnets. Now the thing is I hate 1 touches sure they are alot to simple to use pull apart slide your card in done by reclasping it. The thing is I store my Game Used cards in the fore mentioned Supply Pro-Mold PC18II 1" Screwdowns (If Someone from Pro Mold read this please send me couple cases of them cause I love your product. I also love the PC5 II Screwdowns as well.) then store them in 5000ct boxes in chronological order based on the sets I have either made or bought through the years since 2000.


                   What you see here if ya haven't viewed my site is 1 of 97 sets you possibly could make out of the single bat pieces of the 2001 Upper Deck Decade 1970's. The reason I said 97 is that is the count of how many pieces of the Tug McGraw are out there (Actually there's 95 still floating around cause I own 2 of the McGraw's myself) Not many can say they could take the time to make this set.

 Hard to believe I have the set & 2 of these McGraw's.




Now this is my other Game Used Set I completed its the 2010 Upper Deck Set. There's a few players where I have 2 of the player the only difference is if the is a different type of coloring on the swatch or if it has a Pinstripe or not.  

Now just recently I made a deal with a friend of mine by name of Dave Gollnick he's a member of Sportscardforum.com he goes by his name there.

       Dave knows I am from Michigan  he's from neighboring state of Wisconsin we've met only 1 time at the 2021 National Sports Card Convention in Rosemont, Illinois. So when he bought a 2024 series II pack he pulled the Cabrera that you see at the top of my post making my Miguel Cabrera count of Game Used to a total of 7 cards. I have a mixture of Some from his days when Miguel was a Marlin to his Tiger Years as well. Now Dave is a Brewers fan in fact he's the only collector whom I met personally that only collects 1 Team 1 Company only unlike Mr. Night Owl that being Brewers are his team & the 1 Company just Topps & Topps Traded he's not into Variants,Parallels,all the bells & whistles of stuff except for a few PC guys like Christian Yelich,Robin Yount. He claims in his collection are Brewers cards from 1970 to the present. Now he asked me if I would be interested in Miggy sure I could give Miggy a nice new home & it only cost me a few singles he needed for his 2024 team set. So in the mail on Monday I received my latest Game Used of Miggy & Dave got his Brewers on Thursday. I hope someday I am able to take a trip to visit Dave in person again to see his collection & I am sure Dave would say the same about my collection if he ever came to visit me. Thanks again Dave I hope that the Brewers I sent ya enjoy being back with their teammates just as Miggy joins the others I have of his. With that all said I like to hear what you think of my trade or the sets I was able to make until then I am reminded a quote by Rogers Hornsby about signing autographs for kids "Any ballplayer who doesn't sign for little kids ain't an American, he's a Communist."      



3 comments:

  1. Keep going until you have enough wood to make a bat out of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love 2001 Upper Deck Decade 1970's cards. Congratulations on completing the relic set. I'm not building the set myself (thanks to the McGraw)... but I do have a bunch in the collection. I will pick them up whenever I find them in bargain bins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't see completed relic sets very often, especially the larger ones.

    ReplyDelete