Sunday, July 14, 2024

DOES IT EXISTS OR NOT

 

             I have often wondered if anyone is like me that does a card exists or not. Case in point I have often wondered if the `90/`91 Hoops card #249 Terry Porter that shows no NBA Symbol on the back of the card exists or not. As you can see in the photo from the TCDB.com site someone was able to scan a pic of the card to show that somehow it exists but, everytime I have looked at any `90/`91 Hoops card of #249 its usually the corrected version of the card.
 
This has always baffled me as well a bunch of others that I assume also trying to make a master set with every variation that's listed on the TCDB site. 
Here's another card does it exists or not again the TCDB.com says yes it does here's photographical evidence that its real but have I seen 1 nope not yet!!!!
  
Have you seen 1 in the wild if so were you able to purchase it. 

I have 2 more cards that are M.I.A. where the TCDB.com doesn't have pictures of these cards & I have tried to see if COMC.com or even Ebay has any of them & both times nothing has appeared if anyone has any of the 2 I am about to mention please lmk if I could possibly make a deal for them. The first one is a 2003 Milwaukee Brewers Diamond Celebration I just like to find the Ernie Harwell card for my PC I went to even ask a friend who lives in Wisconsin & is my residential expert when it comes to knowing a lot about the Brew Crew and is trying to get a complete run not counting parallels or inserts just your plain Jane regular issued Topps Brewers cards that includes the traded sets from any of years that a Brewers player might me involved from 1974 Topps, 1981 Topps to the present day & he wasn't familiar with any set of that. Another set that even I asked someone who was in the set if hes see it or not & they say they havent see it even if they're a subject within it is the `95/`96 Missouri Tigers Mens Basketball set.

The reasoning behind this post is maybe casting on my line I might get a nibble on some of these Wishful Whales as well to remind anyone that is a box breaker on YouTube that if your cracking open any 1990 Topps you will never get George Bush USA card or the NNOF Frank Thomas RC out of a pack cause the George Bush USA was only given to the President back in 1990 as for the NNOF Frank Thomas hard to say if you'll ever find that card. So let me know what cards do you think you have trouble locating even if the TCDB may or may not have photos to back up your claim. Until then remember what Rogers Hornsby once said "Any ballplayer who doesn't sign autographs for little kids ain't an American, he's a communist."


3 comments:

  1. Looking on the TCDB, it says that nine people allegedly have the Terry Porter error for trade. Have you thought about contacting any of them to see if they're interested in a possible trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to no avail through friends that reached out to them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some basketball cards I got a few months ago and they had the Hoops set in it. It had the Porter, but not the missing logo one.
    I may have some more Hoops cards stashed away in a 700 card box somewhere. If I come across the box and the Porter card you need, you will be the first to hear.

    ReplyDelete