Wednesday, September 18, 2024

100+ & COUNTING PART II

                           In my last post I discussed about my baseball sets well I wanted to showcase my football sets. Now currently I am working on getting the missing sets but, I am trying to get a complete set run from 1975 Topps to when they stopped in 2015. The missing sets I have yet to find for a reasonable trade offer or price are as follows 2001,2009,2013,2014,2015. The reason I didn't go crazy in football sets is back in prepandemic (2020) I kept my football & basketball sets (Stay tuned for Part III). Heres my 2 bookshelves of current complete sets as well those I am currently working on.

                                                  some of these binders have more than 1 set in them.

                                                   If you notice there's the second set of those books I mentioned on my blog back on August 12, 2024. 


                      Back in 1991 when I started my football card collection I thought I would put any past or future football sets in red binders so I wouldn't confuse them with the baseball & hockey sets. Sure I have some say now Football Album those are an exception reason cause I was able to locate red binders mainly at second hand stores cheaper ($.25 to .75) then the fancier ones. The reason I had very little football sets is I wanted to mainly focus on Barry Sanders career only then *explosion sound* 2020 occurred. I went crazy picking up sets when I could for little or nothing as well building them but I just wanted to mainly start in 1975 then I realized I had almost all the sets from the `80s & `90s. so I went to 1975 that's how old I'll go no matter if you try to persuade me I ain't going any further back. 

                      Everytime I say this will be my last football set I'll do but.....I keep adding to it what can I say I want that run of sets starting in 1975 to 2015 run. This will be a relatively short post so if you want to help me get the run & would like to give me one of the missing sets I need I won't complain or if you want to help me with my football needs just look for my lists within my blog With that said I am reminded of Rogers Hornsby talking about signing autographs for kids. "Any Ballplayer who doesn't sign autographs for kids ain't an American, he's a Communist." Oh yeah if you do send me a set I need I'll be sure to mention ya in my blog in a future post as a special thank you post.  





3 comments:

  1. I like how the binders are the same color. One day when I’m retired and have no projects, I might have to switch out some teams so mine look more uniform like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. '73 and '74 should be doable.. '72 is very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bo it ain't happening I'm happy starting with the 1975 set

    ReplyDelete