▼

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

2001 UPPER DECK DECADE 1970s GAME USED BAT PART XXVIIII

 


                           "Now batting #25 Jose Cruz Sr......." The Left-handed outfielder made his debut with the St Louis Cardinals in 1970 to which he played until 1974 when he was dealt to the Houston Astros where he would be the catalyst of a player for them until 1987 before switching leagues to join the New York Yankees for the 1988 season. He only played 38 games for the Yankees that year before being released on July 22nd & if you play the Immaculate Grid game I am sure Jose would be great score for you to use for former Cardinals/Yankee players as well Astros/Yankees players. 

                                As I mentioned Jose made a name for himself when he was with the Astros to me he is the equivalent to another Astros player named Jose Altuve but taller. Jose was a 2 time All-Star & 2 Time Silver Slugger but again he's more of a Fan Favorite type hence why the Astros retired his jersey #25 in 1992 does he make my 1970s line-up not really cause of the forementioned of being a Fan Favorite type of a player so tell me what you think until then next in our line up is Ken Griffey Sr. until then I am reminded of Rogers Hornsby once said "Any Ballplayer who doesn't sign autographs for little kids ain't American, He's a Communist."



5 comments:

  1. Holy cow the photo on the card is Jose Cruz Jr! What an error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Bo junior was only with Houston in 2007 & the picture ya see might have been when sr was a coach for them

      Delete
    3. Wow you're right, I got fooled by the 1990s uniform

      Delete
  2. In Bo's defense... he does look a lot like his son. As for him being included on the checklist... this might be a first for me. Normally I'd side with them being included, but I feel like Jose's best years were in the 80's.

    Just checked out his Baseball Reference and he did have a great run from 1976 to 1979. Toss in the whole fan favorite thing... and he gets my vote. Sorry about switching lanes so much.

    ReplyDelete